Frequently Asked Questions
- How often do I have to take the exam?
Just for major versions. For example the “Administrator Joomla! 3” exam is valid for all Joomla! 3.x versions.
- What happens when Joomla! 4 comes out?
We will have two separates exams. For example “Administrator Joomla! 3” and “Administrator Joomla! 4”. Joomla! certifications are only available for major versions.
- What’s the format of the exam?
Computer based, 60 questions, 90 minutes, multiple choice.
- What languages is the exam available in?
Currently, only English. In the future, we hope to be able to offer the exam in a wide variety of languages.
- How can I prepare for the exam?
You can attend a training by a Joomla! Learning Partner in your country. In the future, you will be able to train yourself using the Joomla! Documentation.
- Where I can take the exam?
You can take the exam at a Joomla! Learning Partner, on a JoomlaDay event or at an officially registered Joomla! User Group.
- Who gets the money for the exam?
The money goes to the Joomla! community through Open Source Matters.
- Where I can post questions about the Joomla certification program?
You can post your questions in the Joomla! Forum.