2017 has been a very important year for the Joomla! Certification Program. It has been the first complete year in which the Program has been active, after the launch late in 2016.
It's been a great year, with a lot of learning. We have certified 108 Administrators from 15 countries, in sessions that have taken place in JUGs, JoomlaDays and Joomla! Learning Partners. We have reached a milestone, with the first multilingual exam, English and Italian, that was held at the Joomla World Conference in Rome.
After this great 2017, here are some plans for 2018:
- We want the JCP to be more accessible for more people around the world. That’s why our primary goal for 2018 is to have the Joomla! Administrator Exam available in 7 languages: English, Italian, French, German, Dutch, Polish, Spanish.
- Joomla! Certification Website - certification.joomla.org and exam.joomla.org - will be translated with the help of the Community Translation Team, to accompany the release of the exam in other languages.
- At the same time, we are reviewing our processes, to make it easier for JUGs to organize an exam session.
- Joomla! 4.x Exams will include the Administrator Exam and the Developer Exam. A draft of the basic concepts to be included in the Developer Exam was prepared during JWC17 with the help of several core developers and JSST members.
- The Joomla! 4.x Administrator Exam will be launched approximately 5 months after the release of Joomla! 4.0, initially in English and followed by other languages.