A Joomla! administrator needs to know how user management works in Joomla! For example, how to setup and maintain user registrations, user acceslevels, reset passwords etc. Learn more about Managing Users.
- Setting user registration policy
- Changing user registration settings (User Profile Plugin).
- Adding, editing and deleting a user
- Managing user notes and user note categories.
- Block / unblock user
- Add additional fields to the user form
Changing user groups
- Resetting a user password
- Customizing the Login Form module options
- Changing the Login Form module settings
- Understanding what the different default user levels grant access to (Superuser, Admin, Manager, Registered, Public)
- Setting up ACL in Joomla. The difference between “view” and “edit” access. (Access levels, User groups, Inheritance)
- Applying the ACL (Articles, Modules, Menu options, Categories, Tags, Components, Frontend, Backend)